About us: CryptoQuestion is an independent platform providing free resources for cryptocurrency investors. From an on-demand Q&A service to online courses, from books to our weekly Moonshot Monday podcast. Visit us at www.cryptoquestion.tech
Important news roundup and free crypto resources
Whilst the market was down 4% since last week sentiment gyrates between neutral to fearful. In the last month alone the market is up 8% although we are probably still in a bear market. However this isn’t your normal bear market. There are definite signs that sentiment could turn at the drop of a hat. The key to success is to ensure you stay in the game. Leave the flakes to nurse their wounds and go back to complaining about their bad luck and poor timing. We have better things to do.
- Last month Biden finally announced the Executive Order. It was generally positive recognizing cryptocurrency was here to stay and seeing it as an opportunity rather than a threat. Although regulation was flagged as a concern as well as a priority.
- Every man and his rat dog has an idea for a DAO. We flagged this up last month and will do the same again now. Be very careful. The latest DAO project to flutter across our desk was Flyfish club. It is billed as the first members only dining club where membership is purchased on the blockchain as NFT’s. Of course the NFT sale is funding the capital cost of the venue with no profits flowing back to the NFT holders, only discounts and special offers etc.
- The UK’s FCA ordered operators to shut down crypto ATM’s. The Chancellor on the other hand announced his ambition to turn the UK into a crypto hub including regulating stablecoins.
- Crypto.com announced its initial launch in the US targeting professional investors to begin with and then rolling out their service to everyone else as soon as humanly possible, regulation depending.
- Ethereum wallet MetaMask announced it had passed 30 million users.
- March saw the launch of ApeCoin by Yuga Labs, the group behind the NFT phenomenon Bored Ape Yacht Club. It commands a market value of $3 billion which was recently valued at $4 billion by institutional investors. It looks as if dumb money is being ploughed into APE whilst the smart money is being invested in Yuga.
- Africa is waking up to crypto. Crypto users in Africa grew by 2,500% in 2021.
- In one of the biggest hacks to date a hacker stole $540 million from the platform that runs the popular blockchain game Axie Infinity.
- The EU parliament approves rules targeting transfers to unhosted crypto wallets such as MetaMask. This is a definite blow to the European crypto industry and could well be followed by other jurisdictions. Basically anyone who receives more than $1,000 into their centrally held account from a non-hosted wallet will require KYC for the wallet owner.
- The equally feared and loathed SEC is looking at ways of regulating centralized crypto exchanges as it believes most of the tokens they sell represents securities. It is going to be difficult to avoid this one!
Inside Track podcasts
We continue to build our library of interesting content from emerging projects and technologies in the blockchain space. Inside Track is the best way to learn about cryptocurrency from experts in the field as well as discover emerging projects from NFTs to DeFi, from memecoins to launchpads.
This month we produced the following Inside Track podcast:
Ape Fund — A talk with the two founders who discuss Shark Tank style pitches and finding the next big thing in crypto.
Check out some of the fantastic feedback we have been getting for our podcasts as they slowly move up the rankings establishing themself as one of the most popular crypto podcasts out there.
Listen to Inside Track Podcasts here
We are going to be launching a new series of podcasts aimed at the crypto entrepreneur. Called Crypto Entrepreneur we aim to discuss topics that are relevant to both new and existing crypto operators as well as invite leaders from various crypto projects to share advice and relive their experiences.
View our latest Moonshot Portfolio together with analysis, risk and price targets on 16 small cap cryptocurrencies.
Join our Telegram channel here.
Not Financial Advice
This article does not constitute financial advice or a recommendation to buy in any way. Always do your own research and never invest more than you can afford to lose. Investing in cryptocurrencies is high risk, and you could lose 100% of your investment. The article should be treated as supplementary information to add to your existing knowledge.